Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Task Bar Increases in Thickness - How to return it to single line ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Task Bar Increases in Thickness - How to return it to single line ?

I'm not certain my header to this post is too clear but I'll explain further :-

I have the Task Bar showing several Quick Launch icons which are all displayed in a single line which is about 1 cm thick. It also shows two little white "drag bars" at each end of the list of icons.

From time to time , it would seem after clicking somewhere on the desk top , -( I can't be certain what exactly I clicked on , I'm afraid , the result happened so fast ) - the Task Bar thickens to show width for two lines of icons . This thickening also applies to the part which contains the clock on the R.H. side of the Task Bar.

I then try to reduce the width of the T.B. by dragging the top edge downwards but this does not work.

I can increase the size of the T.B. but am unable to decrease it .

It would seem that the T.B. has expanded to include more icons than would fit on one line but I haven't done this.

Can anyone explain what I must do to return the T.B. to its original one line thickness, please ?

Re: Task Bar Increases in Thickness - How to return it to single line ?

Do you remember when it started doing that so you could try a System restore.
    I'd also do a Antispyware scan (Or several).
    Finally you could give this tool a go: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

Ta
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

[quote=L4ndy;153122]Do you remember when it started doing that so you could try a System restore.

Yes I do and have done just that which has got it back as before , Thank you.

I'd also do a Antispyware scan (Or several).

I'll try that also

Finally you could give this tool a go: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm

I'll also have a go at that program - many thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

No probs, Glad to be of any help.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Working...
        X