Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You might not have permission ,,,,No network provider accepted the given network path

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You might not have permission ,,,,No network provider accepted the given network path

http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=30041

I have got laptops (XP Prof SP3) wirelessy connected to the netgear router , and Desktop named Viewsonic (XP Prof SP3) wired connected to the router.

Some times from laptop (log in as username : " mate ", which has admin privilege) when I tried to Start --> Run --> \\Viewsonic\C$ (I am using hidden administrative share)

serveralias\share is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out
    if you have access permissions.

No network provider accepted the given network path.
    To fix this issue , I have to restart the desktop every time I unhook my laptop and hook it again to the network, some time I have to restart both PCs laptop and Desktop ,,,it is annoying

There is no firewall on both computers
    The Laptop and Desktop can ping each other
    Simple file sharing is unchecked.

Re: You might not have permission ,,,,No network provider accepted the given network

Originally posted by zillah View Post
    [url]
    Some times from laptop (log in as username : " mate ", which has admin privilege)
    What is the password??
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: You might not have permission ,,,,No network provider accepted the given network

What is the password??
      It is : L4ndy

Comment

Originally posted by zillah View Post
        It is : L4ndy
        Thought so, I'll give it a try now

Sorry, I have no idea on the actual problem.

Good luck.
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

http://img19.imageshack.us/my.php?image=networkid.jpg

Recently I found the "Network ID" in the picture above gets grayed ,,,,which it should not , and I guess this part of my issue.

Thanks

Comment

I checked the Event Viewer Log I found the below error

DCOM got error "The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it. " attempting to start the service MDM with arguments "" in order to run the server:
            {0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
            Could this be causing this problem ?

Comment

Working...
            X