No announcement yet.

IE "null" error

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE "null" error

have 3 teenagers on computer, need i say more!!
    windows xp on older compaq tower with dial up service (only thing available)
    tried to log into IE, after connecting and got "null" error, tried to reset to earlier time and date, but wouldnt let me,,tried recovery console,but administrato passwords dont work

dont have orr. discs, and wonder if i need to reconfig. o s or entire p c

any and all help would be greatly appreciated

thanking you in advance

Re: hosed?

Awhile back i found a linux boot cd that resets the password for any user not on a domain. here is the link for it, i never leave home without it now.

Offline NT Password Editor --

This should get your administrator password back. Then you can try to recovery console or a repair.

Good Luck.

eyeguyohio, welcome to the site, please take the time to familiarise yourself with the forum rules that are clearly posted at the top of each forum along with the instruction to read them before posting. Your question does not seem to have anything to do with Windows Server - there is a forum specifically for questions related to Windows XP (shared with Windows 2000).

Please also choose a more descriptive title for your threads in future - "hosed?" tells people nothing about your problem.

Originally posted by Forum Rule 3
      Give your post a good topic (or subject line), reflecting the question's intentions
      Your post has been flagged for a moderator to move to the correct place.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

What do you mean a "null" error???

Have you scanned for viruses and malware???

Cleared your cookies and temp internet files???