No announcement yet.

Unable DL driver due to Administrator polices

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable DL driver due to Administrator polices

Hello, I had long battle with the WIN32.ZAFI.B virus & just when I thought I won I found I really lost. I used Avast which finally got the virus in the boot time scan. However I think I must have delted somethings I should not have deleted. After rebooting, my laptop "latitude D600 running windows XP pro SP2) will only boot up in safe mode. I get the blue screen of death which says:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. if this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced startup options, and then salect safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000000,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF8C1CF69)

I did not disable the BIOS memory option as the message says because I have no idea what that means or if I even should.

After again searching the net I found that in my device manager there were question marks . I was able to download the driver to get rid of the missing VGA driver but am having issues downloading the R133052 driver. I logged onto the dell site & downloaded those drivers. I think the R133052 is the one I need because in my device manager it shows 02micro smartbuscard_reader with a "?". The other issue is I purchased this laptop second hand & I didnt get any of the software disk that I realize now I need. Also, I'm just now noticing that the dell service tag is missing so I cant get any help from dell.

When I try to download the driver I get a windows installer box that says, The system installer has set policies to prevent this installation.

Things I have tried

1. Right click install as administrator with password but I get a error saying, " C:\documents and Settings\administrator\desktop\R133052.exe This service cannot be started in safe mode

2. Typed gpedit.msc hit OK then local computer policy\admin templates\windows components\windows installer then I enabled & set to always.

The above mentioned has not worked. Again I can only boot up in safe mode only. When I restart to safe mode I get a warning saying the TCIP/? is missing then a box pops up asking if I want to install hardware for the 02miro smartcardbus_reader. I have tried all option but I cant get it to install.

I am not computer savy anything I have listed was learned from extensive reading on forums that I googled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I did a search in this section using administraor polices but I only got three threads which did not pertain to my issue

Dell latitude D600
    Win xp pro SP2
    Last edited by lantonyj; 3rd February 2009, 05:52.

Re: Unable DL driver due to Administrator polices

Have you tried using F8 during the boot process and then choosing Last known good configuration?

My person option would be to backup all Data, Favorites, Outlook.PST, N2K and any other bits you want to save and use the Dell Restore option and reset back to Factory Default (or a clean install of XP if no retore disk).
    Departed: 23rd December 2015