• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URL MSN.com default page

Hi All:

When I enter this url in my browser

http://www.microsoft.com/isapi/redir...er=6&ar=IStart

it will bring me to MSN Thailand, where is wrong? My computer regional is English (united states)

when I try to www.msn.com also bring me to the MSN Thailand, what is wrong?

Thanks.

Re: URL MSN.com default page

I notice after I clear my cookies, the first time I visit www.msn.com it was fine. but when I refresh it, it bring me to th.msn.com again. Is this a virus?

thanks all.

Comment

How do you access the internet? It may be that your source IP is in a list shown as Thailand. Much like Google defaults to what it thinks is your local range. DO you use a proxy to connect to the internet?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

As Andy says, this is done from your IP address, not your computer's localisation settings. Which page do you get?

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I'm not sure about MSN, but Google seems to be based on the regional settings of your machine - or at least, it does when I access it from Firefox on my Mac...

If I set the region to UK, I get Google UK. If I set the region to US, I get google.com. If I set the region to Wales, I get get Google Cymraeg. All from the same IP
          Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            How do you access the internet? It may be that your source IP is in a list shown as Thailand. Much like Google defaults to what it thinks is your local range. DO you use a proxy to connect to the internet?
            Hi Andy:
            I am using lease line , not go through any proxy to connect to internet. So the IP confirm not from thailand.
            any other reason can cause redirect me to thailand? Thanks.

Comment

You could try the IP info bit at the bottom of this page?
              http://www.dnsstuff.com/

I didn't realise google worked that way gforce, I think there must be more to it as I know an ISP within Hammersmith picks up Google.DE and all their machines are definitely set for UK. Bit odd!
              cheers
              Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
              X