Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB connection to printer issue question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB connection to printer issue question...

Hi,

I need t help someone that tells me that every time his computer is shutdown and then turned back on... he has to disconnect and reconnect his usb cable to his printer in order for it to get recognized and start printing.

He's tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers. Deleting the printer and re-adding. The hp printer only has a usb connection, other wise he'd try the parallel connection.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Re: USB connection to printer issue question...

What operating system and service pack?

What model printer?

Is he using the most up to date drivers?

Do any other USB devices have problems? If the printer is connected to a USB port on the motherboard, does connecting it to a port on a PCI card help? Is it connected directly to a port on the computer or is it connected to a USB hub?

Need more detail before we can help you.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Re: USB connection to printer issue question...

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      What operating system and service pack?

What model printer?

Is he using the most up to date drivers?

Do any other USB devices have problems? If the printer is connected to a USB port on the motherboard, does connecting it to a port on a PCI card help? Is it connected directly to a port on the computer or is it connected to a USB hub?

Need more detail before we can help you.
      Hi,

The printer is an HP2015 with the lastest drivers. The computer is a windows xp pro with sp3. No other usb devices connected to the computer is having issues. The printer is connected to the usb port on the computer directly. I don't have a pci card for usb, since there are a few open usb ports available.

I found a site that appears to have the same issue. I'm going to see if I can update the firmware , if that works.

Below is the website that sounds like the same issue:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=2980235

Thanks.
      Last edited by diginet; 1st February 2009, 07:41.

Comment

Working...
      X