Using Software Restriction Policy to Run IE as a basic user

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Software Restriction Policy to Run IE as a basic user

We are currently having to comply to a new security policy we have taken on board. 1 of the main things required is that users only run Internet Explorer as a Basic User (Non Admin) I have done this via Software Restriction Policies in Group Policy using a hash rule and it appears to be working.

Apart from one very annoying thing! By doing this users are now unable to change their home page, it has reverted back to the std microsoft site http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157

I have tried setting the homepage via GP under Internet Explorer Maintenance, but as this is user specific this fails also.

Ideally we still want users to be able to specify their own home pages, the only other way I have found so far is using IEAK but again this will mean setting the homepage for all users and then they can still not change it.

Any ideas will be most appreciated.

Re: Using Software Restriction Policy to Run IE as a basic user

Originally posted by tjrayner View Post
    I have tried setting the homepage via GP under Internet Explorer Maintenance, but as this is user specific this fails also.

Any ideas will be most appreciated.
    I am not sure if this will work but have you tried enabling the "Loopback processing mode" policy setting and then apply the above policy to the Computer accounts?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Re: Using Software Restriction Policy to Run IE as a basic user

No such luck

Tried that, but still exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
      X