Transperant RDP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transperant RDP

I have some digital signs running on xp machines. I want to connect with RDP, but it leaves the screen locked after I logout so the digital signage is going unseen. Since there is no end user (sweet) I can't use remote assistance.

I was using logmein, but the Update pop up even when set to off still pops up over the digital signage.

I tried echo VNC, but the hook driver wasn't compatible with the dual huad displays and was really slow without the driver.

Any ideas? I'm open to other solutions.

Thanks again to whomever sponsers this forum and the participants.

Re: Transperant RDP

A different VNC offering? RealVNC works fine with dual heads.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

I went with echovnc because it has a server or proxy relay function that can link them all together even if the IP changes. I don't have access to the routers in the client locations, so port forwarding is out I will check out realvnc, I imagine they have the same feature.

Comment

Well we didn't know that from your first post connect over VPN?
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Sorry bout the lack of info. VPN was exactly what I was thinking but wasn't sure if ports on the client side had to be opened in the router.

I imagine petri.co.il has a vpn tutorial.

Thanks again!

Comment

Most routers have an explicit VPN passthrough option, although you'll still need to forward port 1723 TCP (for a PPTP VPN) to the endpoint. Unless of course it's your router that is the endpoint.
            BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
            sigpic
            Cruachan's Blog

Comment

VPN worked great!

Comment

Working...
              X