Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with explorer in XP

hello
    i have XP pro and i log in as administrator but the explorer tell me (when i try to change the setting in in tools-->internet option) that i dont have a permition to change and contact with the administrator .

how can i fix it
    it is very important to me

thank's in advance

meir

What exactly are you trying to change? Did you check to see if there are any restrictions in your local or domain GPO?
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

i try change for example the proxy setting

and i dont have any restriction on my account and i log in as administrator
      i create another account and in the new accout it's O.K
      i dont want to use the new account becase all my desktop ,favorite and more are in my old account .

Comment

Have you tried copying the old profile to the new profile?
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Simple. Check the Local Machine Policy. Run> gpedit.msc From there goto...

Local Computer Policy> User configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> Internet Explorer> *

Check and make sure all of these "Policy Settings" are "Not Configured" or that you may have been tricked be the wording of these policies, such as...

"Disable the General Page"

If you have this "Policy Setting" "Enabled" then you will not see the "General Tab" in Internet Options. If you have all of these "Enabled" Then you will get the following error message...

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator."

Let me know
          Brad Bentley

Comment

Thank's it's work

This is the only forum that i get a real answer to my problem
            thank's alot

Comment

No problem any time.
              Brad Bentley

Comment

Working...
              X