No announcement yet.

AVG Update

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVG Update

Currently we have are end users lock there comps at night so AVG and windows can be updated by are update server. I would like to know if it is possible to have them log off and still allow the updates to be done. Could a script be made for this?

Re: AVG Update

Surely this would be a question for the AVG Support team? Clearly you're using one of their "Corporate" products; if you did not make a support agreement with them then you need to pony up for a one-off support call.

Windows updates via SUS or WSUS whether or not there is a user logged on.

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

With the vast quantity of information you've provided... we can't help you.

Maybe you should tell us a few things.

Do you manage Windows Updates with WSUS? Are the workstations configured to automatically install updates? If so, then a user doesn't need to be logged on.

As for AVG, surely it has a component that runs as a service and the GUI is just used to manage it. If that's the case, then one would hope that it is not coded in such a way as to only update if a user is logged in.

With that in mind, are you saying that you are experiencing a problem in updating Windows and AVG when nobody is logged on?

Remember to keep the environment in mind and schedule an automatic shutdown every night, allowing a few hours window for any scheduled maintenance.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

As already stated, please provide more info. We also use AVG (AVG 8 Network Edition) and it does not require the user to be logged on in order to update.