Making XP work as Windows 98 Hebrew Enabled

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making XP work as Windows 98 Hebrew Enabled

I recently "upgraded" my MS Windows 98 Hebrew Enabled to Windows XP professional. The language chosen is Hebrew. I indeed can read Hebrew from sites; I am able to use Hebrew on MS Office 2000 without any difficulties.
    (1)The problem is that my email (Outlook Express and or Incredimail) does not seem to be able to define Hebrew characters. The subject line of any incoming mail is gibberish. The text is sometimes gibberish when I open the incoming mail. I am able to send Hebrew but am unable to properly receive. I have selected Hebrew as the language of operation in addition to English American. (Hebrew Windows).
    (2) I am able to type Hebrew letters into files that I create but I cannot seem to save them as Hebrew but rather receive files written in gibberish.
    (3) I use MyIE2 and the URL tabs which have been given Hebrew titles are viewed only as gibberish whereas in 98 Hebrew enabled I had no such problems.
    If anyone has met up with a similar difficulty and has managed to solve the problem, I would be most grateful to learn how to make XP 100% Hebrew compliant.
    Thank you all in advance and wish all forum participants a happy new year for 2004.

מגיע לך

or as we say - you deserve what you get. Get rid of the upgrade and re-install XP.

Another thing you can do is see my article about how to install Hebreww on XP and follow the steps. It might help you.
    Cheers,

Daniel Petri
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
    MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Windows XP made to be Hebrew compatable.

Thanks (תודה) I think .
      Where can I find your article on how to install Hebrew on XP? I am new here. Thank you for replying so soon to my query!

Originally posted by Daniel Petri
      מגיע לך

or as we say - you deserve what you get. Get rid of the upgrade and re-install XP.

Another thing you can do is see my article about how to install Hebreww on XP and follow the steps. It might help you.

Comment

New or not, you do know what a search engine is? Use it...

Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

LMAO

sorry
          Brad Bentley

Comment

Re: Making XP work as Windows 98 Hebrew Enabled

Where can I find your article on how to install Hebrew on XP

Originally posted by danielp View Post
            New or not, you do know what a search engine is? Use it...

In connection with your reply I used the search engine using the terms Hebrew install and Windows XP. I had 6 hits none of which included your article. Your reply did nothing to help someone asking for advice. Maybe it would have been better to check how effective the search site is.

Comment

I just copied a part of you're own text and paste it into google.
              http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=...e+zoeken&meta=

Guess what the first link is?????
              Yes it's a Petri Link

Is it that hard to use ?
              Marcel
              Technical Consultant
              Netherlands
              http://www.phetios.com
              http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
              "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
              "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

http://www.google.com/custom?domains...D%3A1%3B&hl=en

Now that wasn't hard, was it?

[edit] Beaten by 2 minutes by the better man. And Bounce, have a look at the date of the initial post. It is about to have its 3rd birthday!!
                1 1 was a racehorse.
                2 2 was 1 2.
                1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by biggles77 View Post
                  http://www.google.com/custom?domains...D%3A1%3B&hl=en

Now that wasn't hard, was it?

[edit] Beaten by 2 minutes by the better man. And Bounce, have a look at the date of the initial post. It is about to have its 3rd birthday!!
                  Let me try and kill two birds with one stone so to speak. From the replies you both use google. On top of the forum I saw a small icon that is a magnifying glass and next to it a button marked search. I therfore assumed that this should be used to carry out a search . It seems that I was wrong, and this should not be used and google should be used instead. I repeat if you use this with the advanced search and the terms XP install and XP the article does not appear, try and see. If correct why bother showing it. Whats the point about about the date of the post? The question and answers are still relevant. Just shows how useful the forum is so I will just wish the forum Happy Birthday

Comment

Originally posted by bounceallback View Post
                    On top of the forum I saw a small icon that is a magnifying glass and next to it a button marked search. I therfore assumed that this should be used to carry out a search .
                    Yes, this a good tool to use to search this forum. It will not search the entire web or even www.petri.co.il.

It seems that I was wrong, and this should not be used and google should be used instead.
                    If you had read the rules you would've known what was expected and what to do!
                    Read them http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=23

I repeat if you use this with the advanced search and the terms XP install and XP the article does not appear, try and see. If correct why bother showing it. Whats the point about about the date of the post?
                    There's a difference between searching the web and searching the forums. I will not go into the logic behind it.
                    Regards,
                    Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
                    Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
                    www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

[ While I was busy with my cup of coffee, Jeremy already answered.. So...]
                      I hope you won't think I'm rude, bounceallback, it's not my intention, but couldn't help it.
                      I myself used the Search option in these forums to find what I needed. And it worked perfect every time.
                      The reason it cannot work in this case is that what everybody was looking for is in Daniel's site, not in the forums. If you go to the site itself: http://www.petri.com and use the Search option with "xp install", the first hit is the article relevant to this issue (unless you search in the whole WWW). And yes' it is a Google link because Daniel uses the Google engine to search inside his site (as many others do).

Thank everyone for this excellent site and forum.
                      Last edited by sorinso; 16th December 2006, 15:59. Reason: A cup of coffee

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                      -

Comment

OK Thanks for the reply. Please do not misunderstand me I think the WEB site is really very helpful. I imagine it is used by so many people that the knowledge they have varies greatly. If possible could you add to the forum announcements more information about searches especially about the use of Google to expand the search on www.petri.co.il

Regards
                        Stanley

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                        Yes, this a good tool to use to search this forum. It will not search the entire web or even www.petri.co.il.

If you had read the rules you would've known what was expected and what to do!
                        Read them http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=23

There's a difference between searching the web and searching the forums. I will not go into the logic behind it.

Comment

Working...
                        X