my pc restarts between 3:00am to 8:00am

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my pc restarts between 3:00am to 8:00am

Hello , Im new to this forum and I'm kinda noob when it comes to troubleshooting

but I think I can fix this when someone guide me.

ok , my PC restarts between 3:00am to 8:00am , my pc is safe from malware or virus , and all of the hardware are fine.

and if I leave my pc or idle it for a couple of hours it will restart then it doesnt shows any error notice or BSOD.

I changed my anti virus from nod32 to avg , and it helps a little (some of my program is working properly now)

btw, my pc seems neglecting its windows update

recently , I noticed that the Yellow Shield tray(windows update) doesnt show anymore .

help me please?

Re: my pc restarts between 3:00am to 8:00am

Nothing in the event logs?

Check what setting you have for Automatic Updates.

Check to see if the PC is configured to automatically reboot after a critical error.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

my event logs is filled with Success Audit > Source:NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM
      and Service Control Manager > Source:Service Control Manager(its description has something to do with automatic updates.

The settings of my automatic updates is set to automatic.

I've already uncheck the box that automatically restart when system failed.

Comment

If the PC is only rebooting between 3:00am and 8:00am its possible that it is windows updates rebooting your PC. Check you automatic updates settings to see what time it is set to install the updates.

A little weird that it happens everyday since typically Microsoft only release updates on the second Tuesday of each month. But your PC could be stuck on a particular update that it is erroring out on. Check the event log and see if there are any windows update errors.

Comment

it is confirmed that windows update reboots my pc everyday during this hell hour 3am to 8am , do you know any solution for this ?

my windows update don't work propery im using windows home xp edition
          version 2002 , service pack 3.

when i try to windows update it gives an error code.

I did . Open I.E > tools > Windows update > I.E will appear with windows update website loading > I.E hungs a little > then it gives an error code.

[Error number: 0x80070715]
          The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view. The options provided below might help you solve the problem.

I have already did the net stop thingy and net start on cmd but still the problem persist. I cant open the windows update site
          Last edited by masterjohji4; 28th December 2008, 03:23.

Comment

Originally posted by masterjohji4 View Post
            it is confirmed that windows update reboots my pc everyday during this hell hour 3am to 8am , do you know any solution for this ?
            Change the Automatic Update setting? Either change the time of installation, or disable automatic installation?

Alternatively, if XP Home supports local group policies (can't remember offhand) then set the GP option to not automatically reboot.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Tools\Windows Components\Windows Update

Originally posted by masterjohji4 View Post
            I have already did the net stop thingy and net start on cmd but still the problem persist
            What is "thingy"? Presumably you are referring to the Windows Update service?
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Go to your Control Panel, then Automatic Updates. Change it to manual install of updates.
              ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
                Change the Automatic Update setting? Either change the time of installation, or disable automatic installation?

Alternatively, if XP Home supports local group policies (can't remember offhand) then set the GP option to not automatically reboot.

Computer Configuration\Administrative Tools\Windows Components\Windows Update

What is "thingy"? Presumably you are referring to the Windows Update service?

thanks for the response.

what Im talkin about is

Ive already did the

run > cmd > then type these ff:

net stop wuauserv

regsvr32 < forgot the exact one i typed.

net start wuauserv

nothing changed . still can't windows update

Comment

Read my post. That is the easiest way to check and change your automatic settings for windows update.
                  ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X