Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp ativation/administrator problem

Hello
    I had to reinstall windows on a pre installed system.
    After alot of problems getting it to do so. I got to the activation screen. Iphoned microsoft and got it activated with their code. Now it has a administrators icon. You click on it and it tells you windows needs to be activated. you click yes and it tells you it has been activated. then goes back to the administrators icon and round and round in circles you go.
    how can i get past this?

Re: xp ativation/administrator problem

Originally posted by malcieh View Post
    Hello
    I had to reinstall windows on a pre installed system.
    After alot of problems getting it to do so. I got to the activation screen. Iphoned microsoft and got it activated with their code. Now it has a administrators icon. You click on it and it tells you windows needs to be activated. you click yes and it tells you it has been activated. then goes back to the administrators icon and round and round in circles you go.
    how can i get past this?
    Administrators icon?

can you post a screen shot?

Comment

please review http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312295/en-us
      Marcel
      Technical Consultant
      Netherlands
      http://www.phetios.com
      http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
      "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
      "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Thanks for the replies.
        I tried with microsoft going through regedit and it did not work.

Eventually i had to re install windows, only to find that the copy of windows used by the company was an illegal one. No wonder the companies gone bust (red ten and watford electronics). Once installed i found out why it was playing up so much.
        The cd they supplied had 3 versions of i386 on it and you never get to choose what to use when loading, so it takes parts from anywhere it seems.
        Microsoft were kind enough to sort the problem out with a brand new key.

If you get a problem they also have a local number in the uk that you can call.

One problem left to solve though
        the headphone socket at the front will not work since the re install, any ideas?

Comment

One problem left to solve though
          the headphone socket at the front will not work since the re install, any ideas?
          Audio drivers most likely. Soundmax drivers and several others have to be told to allow use of front panel audio ports more often than not. I've had great fun with microphones in the past.
          BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
          sigpic
          Cruachan's Blog

Comment

Agreed. If it's a desktop though, you should also check the connection.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

thanks
              yep tried loading them twice and nothing changed, strangley the two usb ports that are beside the headphones / mic sockets are working

Comment

thanks
                yep tried loading them twice and nothing changed, strangley the two usb ports that are beside the headphones / mic sockets are working
                Driver only or the full package? Lots of soundcards will work with the basic driver but also have a cpnfiguration application for the front panel and other more advanced options.
                BSc, MCSA: Server 2008, MCSE, MCSA: Messaging, MCTS
                sigpic
                Cruachan's Blog

Comment

USB and audio are a little different... they require different drivers for a start. Plus they'll be using different cables inside - the only link between them is that they both have ports on the front
                  Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

hi
                    Loaded all the parts that came up on the screen.
                    The only thing i did not do was when the update wanted to update the bios to a newer version in case it cocked it up again.
                    malc
                    P.s not sure what you meant at teh end of your sentance cruachan
                    guru thanks

Comment

Working...
                    X