Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer.

Whenever trying to download files from internet, the below message was poping up.

This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer. please contact your system administrator.

Resolution:
    I have applied the ComboFix.exe, issue resolved.

To download the Combofix.exe go thru the below website.

<URL REMOVED BY MOD>
    Last edited by Dumber; 3rd December 2008, 09:30.

Re: This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer.

This smells a lot like spam...
    Post reported for further action.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

Re: This operation has been cancelled due to restirctions in effect on this computer.

I didn't see the url but I think in the past I've used combofix on an XP box and it did work. The bleeping computer site used to be pretty good from what I remember but I could be wrong.
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I Googled ComboFix and had a quick read, and certainly from what I saw it sounds very obscure - the site that I saw described it as "a tool to be used in conjunction with HijackThis" and nothing more. They claimed to be specifically keeping information about the tool away from the public so that malware authors could not find out how the tool works.

Is it just me, or is that misguided? First off, if people don't know what your tool does, a lot of them are not going to want to run it. And secondly, they offer it as a free download that anybody can access. If I'm writing a piece of malware, I'm going to reverse engineer whatever tools I can find to see how they tick.

It seems far more likely that the site managers wanted people to pay for their 'advanced' security training, where apparently you are taught how to use ComboFix properly.

*hangs up his Cynic hat*
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
        X