Agp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agp

Hi, I have a NVIDIA n6600 AGP card. After I installed it, I was looking around in the display options and saw. The NVIDIA tab show that my video card is AGP, and the adapter tab>properties show my video card as using a PCI bus instead of AGP it look like this (Location: PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0) I got the latest drivers from NVIDIA. And latest driver (Intel Chipset Device software: INF_AllOS_8.3.1009_PV_ Intel) from Intel. And even I format the hard drive and install WinXP.but it didnít help. Can some one tell me how to fix it, change (PCI Bus to AGP) Thank you in Advance.

Re: Agp

I'm not a hardware expert but I would expect that is normal and nothing to worry about.

Have a read f some comments here too:
    http://www.motherboardpoint.com/t202...ix0-in-xp.html
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

It's normal. As long as the card is detected correctly then everything's fine.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi
        thanks for your reply.I thought it should be AGP in the adapter tab.
        I have 4 GB of RAM in my computer.I added the /PAE switch in the Boot.ini file. And the system properties still showing only 3.25 GB of RAM. Do you think we can fix it?

Comment

Originally posted by hfd View Post
          Hi
          thanks for your reply.I thought it should be AGP in the adapter tab.
          I have 4 GB of RAM in my computer.I added the /PAE switch in the Boot.ini file. And the system properties still showing only 3.25 GB of RAM. Do you think we can fix it?
          Nope.. Move to a 64bit OS.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

Is the hardware capable of supporting 64-bit software? A relatively modern machine should be. The Intel Core2 family is 64-bit capable.
            Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
            X