No announcement yet.

Windows XP and Print spooler service

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP and Print spooler service

Hi All

I have windows 2003 domian with single forest and single domain. I have an issue with my windows XP domain clients. The print spooler services did nlt start itself when computer boots up and if I restart the print spooler service... it again stops in another 1 min. On the hand the desktops where windows 2000 OS is ruuning I don't face any problem with them.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Re: Windows XP and Print spooler service

Event Logs?

For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Re: Windows XP and Print spooler service

Are you experiencing the same issue on every Windows XP machine? Did it work before a change that you made? What printer drivers do you have installed?

Make sure that your operating systems are up to date, likewise with hardware drivers (especially printer drivers) and if possible make sure that you use drivers approved by Microsoft as being compatible with your systems.

How are printers connected to your system? Are they local printers on the workstations, or are they networked printers either shared from the server, or with client software installed on the workstations?
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.