Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• net time on windows XP shows two entries

Hi all,

I have done a search on the forum and on the web and found only one entry to this problem.

I am running server 2000 SP4 as a PDC (I have only one dc) all machines in the office are windows xp SP2.

One domain simple network - 50 machines.

When I run the net time command on the XP machines I receive the following:

"Current time at \\JMMES is 10/13/2008 4:08 PM

Local time <GMT+10:00> at \\JMMES is 10/13/2008 3:08 PM"

I have checked the time zone on the computers on the server rebooted the server. but with no luck

anyone has an idea?

Re: net time on windows XP shows two entries

Hi, make sure they are all in the correct time zone and have the same settings for daylight savings time.
    In your dhcp console on the dc, go to server options and set 004 time server to the ip address of the dc.
    After 5 or 10 mins they should sync the time up.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Hi uk_network,

Thank for the information. I have checked the settings and the zone and the daylight settings are all correct. I have added the IP address of the time server and will check in the morning.

Will let all know whats the go.

Comment

You need to apply the Timezone patch for our new DST times otherwise it won't matter how many times you change the time it will revert back to being 1 hour wrong until the end of the month. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

or http://www.intelliadmin.com/Downloads.htm and scroll down to the first item in Freeware Downloads. Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Daylight Saving Time Fix
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

hi biggles,

thank you for the time - I will let you all how did i go. I wasn't able to attend work today.

Thank you

Comment

RDO or sickie.........EXCELLENT!!!
            1 1 was a racehorse.
            2 2 was 1 2.
            1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
            2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Hi all,

Thank you for your help.
              Biggles77 - Thank you for pointing me to http://www.intelliadmin.com/Downloads.htm.

I am not sure what is happened - I had the update installed on all computers for what ever reason the update didn't take any effect. Installing it again with the admin utility did the job.

I vote your reply as the best one -

Thank you all

Comment

Working...
              X