Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the filename you specified is not valid or too long.specify a different file name

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the filename you specified is not valid or too long.specify a different file name

Dear Friends

While taking backup i got following error "the filename you specified is not valid or too long.specify a different file name" not able to copy files even if i open folder and do it pls help me how do i resolve this since i have heard if path or file name is longer than 255characters in Xp will not be able to take backup Pls provide me solution

Regards
    Friends4vjjk

Re: the filename you specified is not valid or too long.specify a different file name

Reduce the length of the filename.

Comment

Re: the filename you specified is not valid or too long.specify a different file name

If the filename is already the minimum length, you need to reduce the length of the PATHNAME. Share a folder close to the file, map a drive to it from another machine, and copy the file from there.

Then you need to move the folder with the problem further up the tree.

Tom
      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
      X