No announcement yet.

How to set security to an "Stand Alone" PC ?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set security to an "Stand Alone" PC ?

Amey here . I don’t have experience how to configure security for a stand alone machine. I have Windows XP Profeesional version 2002 with SP2 installed. I have 1 default Administrator account , another account to which I have given administrative rights . And 3rd account is a “User” account.
    I open MMC and via “Local computer policy” . There r criteria’s to set securities.

1 – Computer configuration

2 – User configuration

I set permission to hide “Add printer” option under User config . When I save the console and log off and again log back again to my account which
    have administrative rights I see that Add printer tab is vanished from my profile. When I again go back to MMC and disable it , it works.

My question is how can I set this type of security to specific user when I am using an “stand alone” machine which is not connected to any network .

Amey .
    [ M.C.P. , M.C.S.E. , M.C.S.A. ]
    All in 1
    Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.

You are setting ?Local computer policy? not for user. You would have to use permissions to restrict users.

Open Windows Explorer ... /Tools/Folder Options
    Click View... in the advanced settings scrol down to "Use Simple file Sharing"
    Click it off and then go to what you want to restrict and in the properties tab
    you should have a security tab.
    Ship Sale
    Last edited by syncme; 23rd April 2011, 06:53.

Thnk you !

Thanx for solution. I hope it works. I need to check out .
      All in 1
      Solaris,Linux & Windows admin + networking.