Registry Cleanup Tool

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registry Cleanup Tool

What is the best registry cleanup tool anyone has used? I am looking for one to recommend that will not corrupt your system if you do not know what you are doing.

It would be for Windows XP Pro.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

Re: Registry Cleanup Tool

TuneUp Utilities 2008

use the one click fix works a dream.
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

You could also try the one that comes with CCleaner. It's free.
      A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by ekrengel View Post
        that will not corrupt your system if you do not know what you are doing.
        Safest answer to that is "none" to be fair.
        I use the CCleaner one but scan through to make sure it is doing what I want.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

You can try this regcleaner , purely reistry cleaner only

Comment

I use Eusing Free Registry Cleaner it's worked great for me

Link -
            REMOVED BY MOD

It's small fast and easy to use. I recommend it.
            Last edited by biggles77; 26th September 2008, 15:44. Reason: Link removed from low post member

Comment

CCleaner gets my ThumbsUp too. And not only mine ...
              Nevertheless, there is one rule one should always follow: always check the things such tool will alter on your computer, never rely blindly on them.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

I'm an IT admin and I don't think I've ever used a 'registry cleaner' in my life. Why would I want to? Am I missing out on something really exciting?

Comment

Originally posted by lewispb View Post
                  I'm an IT admin and I don't think I've ever used a 'registry cleaner' in my life. Why would I want to? Am I missing out on something really exciting?

I've seen some big improvements in system performance speed after using a registry clean up tool on a system that has not been cleaned before.

Subsequent runs do offer any improvements to system speed, but they do prevent 'clutter' accumulating.
                  A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by lewispb View Post
                    I'm an IT admin and I don't think I've ever used a 'registry cleaner' in my life.
                    After all, rule #1 in computing: "It's not broken, don't fix it". If you behave properly with your computer, shouldn't be any need for a Registry Cleaner. Nevertheless, there are specific actions (like every time you install and uninstall an application, it leaves "debris"; shutting down the computer in a "dirty" manner and so on) that after some time can bring havoc in your Registry.
                    So, you can try and see. Just don't let the cleaner do whatever it wants...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                    -

Comment

I don't like RegCleaners either; but I don't agree that they're not needed. I just think they're not implemented very well.

The old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" only goes SO FAR with Windows XP. Windows XP leaves a lot of debris and general crap lying around; it's VERY poor at cleaning up after itself. (Have a look in %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temp and you'll see what I mean). When the crap is in the registry, it leads to slow loading, slow searching, slow access. So - I want a registry cleaner... but I don't like any of the offerings out there at the moment. You never know whether to delete the keys/values it lists or not... it just tells you where it is and what it's called; and if it's called HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{S-1-5-21-666-736452873548-sdyf998w7ewe98sa79d70er}\Local\Bin\exe\2\7\heifer\ cow\hafsg.exe\& - would YOU know whether or not it could be deleted?!

Tom
                      For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Amust, speeded up boot times, program load times, stand-by and wake up operations. Most noticeable on older notebooks bloated with unnecessary junk.

Comment

Working...
                        X