Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to open C: drive

Hi Guys,
    I am not able to open C: drive when i double click A menu appears and it says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file"
    I thought that it is affected by so I scanned my whole system with Norton Antivirus 2008 with latest update but the problem was not resolved

Plz can anyone help me
    Thanx for helping in advance
    Last edited by samirshaikh12; 18th September 2008, 00:17.

Re: Unable to open C: drive

A Google search reveals many folks with the same issue. Take a look at some of the solutions. I'll warn you that it seems like you'll need to tweak the registry so make sure you have a backup handy. Or don't and live dangerously...
    Wesley David
    LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
    -------------------------------
    Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
    Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
    Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
    Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

1. Try a better anti virus or try a free online scan.
      2. Run Adaware, Spybot or Malwarebytes and see if that helps.
      1 1 was a racehorse.
      2 2 was 1 2.
      1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
      2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Originally posted by samirshaikh12 View Post
        Hi Guys,
        I am not able to open C: drive when i double click A menu appears and it says "Choose the program you want to use to open this file"
        I thought that it is affected by so I scanned my whole system with Norton Antivirus 2008 with latest update but the problem was not resolved

Plz can anyone help me
        Thanx for helping in advance
        hi,

try this program to remove trojan and then your problem will be solved.

<URL removed by MOD>
        Please do not post links directly to an executable, but rather to the original website.
        Last edited by Dumber; 23rd September 2008, 12:06.

Comment

Hi samir try this. (if no virus or malware was found)

Open a new text document. Dont type anything to it and Go to File>Save As and save it as autorun.inf ( you can save it anywhere you like e.g desktop)
          copy the autorun.inf file and got to my computer right click C:\ drive and paste.
          Restart you system and after start up try clicking the C:\ Drive..I hope this helps.
          Ronuel
          MCP
          There is only one way to find Out..Its to try it and/or Do it...

Comment

U can download free software from Download.com called Diskheal enter drive name in it and click heal it will work and update your anti virus and scann it in Safemode

Comment

Working...
            X