Automatic Updates broken, XP Pro SP2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic Updates broken, XP Pro SP2

I have recently had to reimage one of our company's machines, and after the installation finished we noticed that Automatic Updates is broken. The icon in Control Panel has no caption and double clicking does not open it. As a result, the computer has not registered itself with WSUS and is not being updated.

Can anybody suggest a way to rectify this other than reinstalling again?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Re: Automatic Updates broken, XP Pro SP2

check out my favorite page for fixing AU
    http://www.amset.info/windows/auto-updates.asp
    "...if I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I've said” - Alan Greenspan

Comment

Re: Automatic Updates broken, XP Pro SP2

Manually accessing Microsoft Update checks that the required libraries are properly registered, and fixes this issue if necessary. Problem now resolved.
      Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
      X