IE 7 Scrolling "Anomaly" ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE 7 Scrolling "Anomaly" ?

I have just re-installed XP Home in my grandson's P.C. after some file corruption and I notice that when I scroll vertically in IE7 the page seems to update itself with a sort of vertical "wave motion" . I'm not sure I'm describing this accurately but , when I move the vertical scroll bar down the open browser page its as though there is a very short time-lapse before the page is updated to the new vertical position commanded by the scroll bar " button" On my own P.C. , when I do this , the browser page follows the scroll bar instantly as though the two were locked together . This is the first time I've noticed this and I am wondering whether this is due to some different settings which have escaped my attention in the re-installation of XP Home. My P.C. has XP Pro. Can anyone explain this ?

Re: IE 7 Scrolling "Anomaly" ?

I appear to have had a problem with some quote marks in my post here. This is the first time I've noticed this and I don't know why it happened.

I hope it hasn't affected the sense of the post and I apologise if it has.

Comment

did you re-install video card driver?
      Regards,
      John

Comment

Yes this happened just after I had re-installed XP and the video card driver .

Comment

Did you use the default driver that came with XP or did you use the specfic (and most recent), driver from the card's manufacturer?
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
            Did you use the default driver that came with XP or did you use the specfic (and most recent), driver from the card's manufacturer?
            I used the specific driver from the card's manufacturer - however I'm not certain it was the latest one

Comment

This problem which I reported at the beginning of this post now seems to have resolved itself and all indications are back to normal . Why this happened or what caused it to revert to normality I really can't say. I would like to thank , however , all who have tried to help. Just another of those inexplicable computer things I reckon !

Comment

Working...
              X