Malicious process keeps restarting - A Different one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malicious process keeps restarting - A Different one

Believe it or not, the same exact thing happened to me just today. I don't know how it happened, but a wave of Adware/Spyware/Trojans has swept my computer. (I believe it was my little sister, however.)

I found out there was an infection on my computer, because when I tried a google search, I got redirected to an advertising website, and popups, and the same "techsearchsite.com" thing as well.
    I ran an AVG Scan. Found a couple trojans here and there in my windows32/drivers folder. Got rid of 'em of course, but the problem still lies. Google's still acting up.

I ran a couple more scans afterwards, and nothing came up. So now I'm stuck. Any further advice with this problem?

EDIT: Okay, now this is getting serious for me.

1.) It appears that NOW my Javascript is disabled/and/or/uninstalled, I don't know whichever one.
    2.) I attempted a System Restore. I select a restore point, click next, and it doesn't do anything. The "next" button is now useless.
    3.) Internet explorer just became useless, because it's NOW lagging like hell. So I'm now using my Firefox.

If any advice can be given, it would be GREATLY appreciated.
    Last edited by Draith; 7th September 2008, 02:04. Reason: More information.

Re: Malicious process keeps restarting - A Different one

Your thread was split due to you hijacking another members topic. Please do not hijack a thread again. If you have the exact same problem then start a new thread with an appropriate name. Thanks.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Backup your data and wipe the machine. You'll spend more time troubleshooting the issue than it would take to reinstall and restore the data.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

I have been faced with a similar situation what helped me was a small 2mb program called Combofix

here is a link to a tutorial
        REMOVED BY MOD
        Last edited by biggles77; 26th September 2008, 16:28. Reason: Link removed from low post member

Comment

Combofix is an excellent tool, but it is meant to used in conjunction with other security tools to ensure that threats and any associated malware are identified and removed. Also, as the page states, it is only efficiently used when professional advice is sought.
          A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Hi i had a client with a similar issue. A program called 'hitman pro' fixed it for me.

if you run these and it fixes it for you, then i'm not sure if you'd want to try ur system restore again to get it back to before it was infected. (up to you)

I have already opened a thread regarding spyware removal programs,
            http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=28029
            Worth checking out.
            Good luck.
            Last edited by uk_network; 26th September 2008, 14:50.
            Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
            I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
            MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Best Solution is scan with good Antispyware but in safe mode .
              Thats because a first scan should be performed throughly to remove those unwanted programs permanantly .

Thanks ,

RaviB.

Comment

Originally posted by JeremyW View Post
                Backup your data and wipe the machine. You'll spend more time troubleshooting the issue than it would take to reinstall and restore the data.
                What he said. The best anti-virus and best anti-malware combination will not detect 100% of threats, and even if they remove what they find they will probably not repair whatever damage has been done. You do have backups, right? If not, then let this be the reason for starting. Flatten the system and start again.
                Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hi Friend

Donít worry. Please scan your system with Avast. Incase if your system is an Home system you can do the scan at free of cost bcz Avast home will come free. But before doing that take backup of all your data. It will perform a root level i.e. Boot level scan and deletes every infected file. while doing it follow the following steps

While scanning it will detect any malicious threats or any thing virus it found and it will warn you and gives few options. Just delete that specific file only, bcz you will also find an option called delete all, if you press that it will delete all files including non infected files also. Almost 4 of my systems got infected and I have cleaned them in the same manner. But it was some time taking.

I want to tell you again you need to click on Delete only. If you click on Delete All you will loose all your data. So plz be careful while doing and all the best.

Comment

Originally posted by avratnakar View Post
                    It will perform a root level i.e. Boot level scan and deletes every infected file
                    It will delete every infected file that it is able to detect as being infected. I don't want to turn this into a 'my AV is better than yours' war, but let's not pretend that any AV is perfect.
                    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Working...
                    X