Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clearing the RUNAS domain\username dropdown

Good Day:
    When you right click on a shortcut/object, and select RunAs, then select "Run as the following user", there is a dropdown box that allows you to put your domain\username in there.
    My current list is full of OLD information and I need to clear it out so I can populate it with the current information.
    I cannot seem to find where/how this is done.
    Redearl
    Congress is like diapers; It should be changed regularly as it gets full of the same thing..

Re: Clearing the RUNAS domain\username dropdown

Click on the drop-down, point at a wrong entry, and press the "Delete" key.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
      Click on the drop-down, point at a wrong entry, and press the "Delete" key.
      Tom, I think that this will only delete the shown value once, not for good from the list... I did not find so far the registry key that holds this list...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

For all I know, it is not showing any MRU list content. The drill-down list is just showing the users that are currently member of the local group Administrators and have a direct membership (not via nested goups) there. I never have seen old users in that list, or am I missing something?

\Rems

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

** Remember to give credit where credit's due **
        and leave Reputation Points for meaningful posts

Comment

Any one on the system, Privledged or not, can use the RUNAS command, that is the whole idea, so a non prov. user can do priv. stuff when needed.
          If you select an entry in the list and delete it, it is only for the current time.
          The next time you open the list it is still there.
          Redearl
          Congress is like diapers; It should be changed regularly as it gets full of the same thing..

Comment

Originally posted by redearl View Post
            Any one on the system, Privledged or not, can use the RUNAS command, that is the whole idea, so a non prov. user can do priv. stuff when needed.
            If you select an entry in the list and delete it, it is only for the current time.
            The next time you open the list it is still there.
            Read REMS comment again - he didn't say others can't do it - he said the names in the list were those who had membership of the local admins group directly. So in other words, by default, you can "RunAs" any local admin or you can type another user name and password in.

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by Stonelaughter View Post
              So in other words, by default, you can "RunAs" any local admin or you can type another user name and password in.
              Or, in other words, if you want to clean up that list, then clean up the local Administrators group...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Thank you for pointing out that I Mis-read REMS posting. I did re-read it and it makes sense now.
                Redearl

Comment

Go to Start + Control Panel + User Accounts + Choose your account + Then delete whichever accounts you don't need.

You can also add accounts.....
                  Last edited by themast; 24th September 2008, 12:29.

Comment

Working...
                  X