Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hosed Xp

OK I THINK I BLEW UP WIN XP.
    I have xp pro sp2 installed in a wierd way. i have 2 partitions on the disk C: and E:
    the Boot partiton i the E: drive but yet the ntldr boot.ini and windows directory are on the C: drive and all my other data such as program files profiles and other data is stored on E.
    i am trying to consoladate the t drives into 1.

What happens when i delete C: is that the PC cannot boot and throws out errors. I tried to do a repair, which works. but does not achieve the goal of combining drives.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Re: Hosed Xp

There are ways to do this but it will be quite hard work. The SAFEST way is to blow it away and reinstall - is there a really big reason why you couldn't do this after backing up all your data and settings?

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

I did i have to make room to install ghost with lights out so i can recover to another machine. the problem now is if i recover i will have this butched setup with the C and E: drives.. i tried using partition magic to do this but it had an error during merging and that is what caused this downward spiral.

Comment

Ghost the partition with all your data on it, then insert the XP disk and use it to delete all your partitions and start all over again. XP needs this occasionally anyway so it won't harm you. All you'll have to do is reinstall all the apps and drivers you want. Then you can use Ghost Explorer to selectively restore the data you still need off the old drive image - stuff from your profile, any documents, saved games etc.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Before you start the install, remove unused USB devices and if by chance you have a ZIP drive, disconnect that also. (found that one out the hard way )
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X