No announcement yet.

Control Panel Intermittent Error Messages - WinXP Home Ed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Control Panel Intermittent Error Messages - WinXP Home Ed

The Error message comes like this:
    To enable the advanced sound effect for gaming, pliz make sure the setting of Hardware Scceleration is"full". The directory is as below: Control->Sound & Audio Device(WinXP) ->Playback/Advance..->Performance->Hardware Acceleration.

This error message starts when I am accessing the Control Panel. The Control Window does not open until I click the OK on the error dialogue message box. When the CP window opens after clicking OK, another error message appears - this time with one Control Panel icon/applet visible. This happens up to 3 times whereby all Control Panel icons are visible. It starts again when I click on any CP icon.

If I try to solve the problem by following the Error message, I fail to get Playback/Advance link (there isn't Performance->Hardware Acceleration either!), on my WinXP Home ed.

Mike Meyers recommends that such problems are caused by a corrupt file extension. I am a bigginner, and can't locate the CP CPL extensions.
    I think this problem strated when I tried to update Sound and Audio drivers. But there is no solution even when I try to roll back the drivers.