Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ctrl+alt+del file run

Hello Guys.

I just want to know which file runs when we press ctrl+alt+del on a Windows XP stand alone computer..
    My friends asked me this question and I was clueless..
    Help would be appriciated....

Re: ctrl+alt+del file run

I don't think it runs a file at all - I think it jumps to a resident routine in the Kernel (i.e. a program in RAM) which deals with Interrupt Requests. If it ran a file, the security advantages of using an Interrupt Request Vector to generate the login screen would be all but lost.

Tom
    For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Any other help wud be appreciated...I am not sure if I understnd the previous reply nonetheless thanks for that..!!

Comment

I meant:

It doesn't run a file when you press CTRL-ALT-DEL.

It runs a program which is already in memory; this program loads and stays in memory in the very early part of the boot process.

If it didn't do this, if it loaded a file from disk, the security would be poor.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Thank you...I will look in to it....

Comment

Working...
          X