Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removed administrator privileges on my user and I don't know how to get them back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removed administrator privileges on my user and I don't know how to get them back

Hi. I'm Domianna. I am pretty ignorant when it comes to programming. I have deleted myself as Administrator and I don't understand any of the suggestions on how to fix my problem. Like i said, I'm not very knowledgeable on programming. Is there anyone who can break it down simply on how to fix my problem? Help!

Re: I'm lost

First please read the forum rules regarding your title and post.

Second. Can you post some more information. Is this XP or 2000. Is this a home machine or work. Are there any other people that log onto it. What did you do to "delete yourself as Administrator" Step by Step.
    What errors are you encountering?
    What things have you tried or not understood?
    The more info (some would be good!) you provide the better chance we have of helping.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Re: Removed administrator privileges on my user and I don't know how to get them back

Title changed.
      Regards,
      Jeremy

Network Consultant/Engineer
      Baltimore - Washington area and beyond
      www.gma-cpa.com

Comment

Re: Removed administrator privileges on my user and I don't know how to get them back

If your account still exists log on to the computer as Administrator. Next open Control Panel, choose User Accounts and choose the option to change an (your original) account. Grant it Administrative privileges.

Otherwise create a new account with administrator priviledges.
        A recent poll suggests that 6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy

Comment

Working...
        X