slow LAN?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow LAN?

I have peroformed new installation of windows 2000 server with ISA 2000 and norton antivirus server soft .my clients are working well.but after 6/7 days i have updated new virus defination and some group polocies.after that my clients machine become slow, before logging and after loging it take axtra more time than normal time.what will be problem?

2nd tell me how can we backup ADS and how can restore after doing new installation of windows 2000? can we do it by system state backup?

Is your antivirus software running checks whilst you log in and out?? This will severly slow down the clients, especially if they have minimum RAM.. Norton is famous for such things! Tweak the antivirus to run more effciently.

What backup facility do you have in place??
    UK Newbie!

Comment

GPO

thanks respected sir,
      My clients have 128 ram,would u like to tell me how can i configured my Norton anti virus soft so that my clients can be logon rapidly.
      2nd how can i configured GPO default settings.

Comment

Remember Windows XP's minimum specifications require 128MB. This means the software will run...but only just. I'd recommend running at least 265MB of RAM, and thats without installing Norton.

Give one of the PC's an RAM upgrade and see if the problem is fixed? If not, get back in touch.
        UK Newbie!

Comment

Cool_spot: you have made an assumption that alitoday is running XP. It could be windows 98 and if so 128mb is loads!

Plus if the install was working for 6-7 days after Norton was installed then i wouldn't say it was Norton.

Alitoday: i would suggest rebuilding the OS on one of your clients and see if that quickens it up. See how that goes.
          Server 2000 MCP
          Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Fair Point Tony..

Alitoday, What GPO's did you change? You havent added... any additonal scripts for example??
            UK Newbie!

Comment

RPC server?

Thanks for considerations.i will do as u said.then i come back this issue.
              2nd what is RPC server?actually there is comes a message "RPC server is unavailable". and after this error, copy-paste is not working.why?
              3rd, how can i check which users are logged in on specific machines in my LAN?

Comment

Move to NOD32.

Comment

This is about as helpful as Microsoft get on the subject:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/d...0Msgs/3961.asp

Can you give us more details about the error message and anything else in your eventlog. RPC is vital to normal windows networking, if it fails then a whole host of stuff will start to fail.
                  Server 2000 MCP
                  Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
                  X