No announcement yet.

Recovering the deleted files in XP Pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovering the deleted files in XP Pro?

> I have deleted some pdf files from my system accidentally. > I have deleted by shift+del > deleted 2 days ago > i cant find them in recyclebin > how many days back files can we recover?

Re: Recovering the deleted files in XP Pro?

Once the recycle bin is emptied (or you have shift+deleted the files) thats it as far as windows is concerned.

You will need to buy and use some 3rd party software QUICKLY before the files (still on the drive, but with the space labelled as empty) get overwritten by other activity.

Switch off your PC -- forget "shutdown" as this writes to the drive and then get suitable software ( for "deleted file recovery") on another PC. Remove the drive from your computer and connect it as an additional drive on the other one. Search for the PDFs and restore them to the other PC -- if they are still there.

Good Luck!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
    X