No announcement yet.

XP Repair Install Hangs at 25 Minutes remaining

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Repair Install Hangs at 25 Minutes remaining

I have been trying to do a repair install. Everything seems to go ok until I reach the point where it says 25 minutes remaining. It then just hangs. Any ideas? Suggestions? This is a Dell GX 260.

Re: XP Repair Install Hangs at 25 Minutes remaining

It helps if we know what "phase" of the repair you are in when this happens -- you'll see some informational text on the screen from time to time.

Had similar experiences on other machines. I found if I unplugged every unnecessary peripheral and even disconnected all but the C: drive, I was able to make it through. I was upgrading HW and trying to keep all that software configuration effort in tact.

Here's one of my favorite sites on Repair Install:

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.