Problem with windows xp setupp.ini

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with windows xp setupp.ini

I tried the "How can I force an OEM version of Windows XP to install as an upgrade installation?" but after changing the setupp.ini and installing a retail upgrade install using oem keys the product will not activate. I used an original oem version of windows xp pro and made it install like a retail windows xp that would accept an oem product key. Does anyone know if there is something i can do to activate it I needed the upgrade so i would not loose information on a customers computer but all I had at the time was oem.

upgrade with OEM

Can anyone help with this? I also tried the "How can I force an OEM version of Windows XP to install as an upgrade installation?" tip, and now my product won't activate. I tried calling MS, and they gave me a new key, but I still can't activate. Is this tip broken? Does anyone know?

Comment

repair it

Easiest way I found was to do system repair. If you put the "original XP cd" in the drive restart the computer to boot from CD.
      http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm That will reset the changes you made to setupp.ini and your key will work.

Comment

Working...
      X