userinit.exe is playing up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• userinit.exe is playing up

ok heres how it is i have win xp sp2 with Norton anti virus every thing is up to date on it.

When i start up, as its about to login it has a error.

"userinit.exe - Application Error the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to terminate the application. "

So i press ok and it logs in but all i can see is my back ground no task bar and no icons i found a way to get around this by pressing alt-ctrl-del and opening What's Running? then opening the file (ueserinit.exe) though that then the same error comes up so i put the error aside without clicking ok then right click on userinit.exe when it comes up in What's Running? and clicking open folder then 2 other errors come up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	first error that comes up when i right click on userinit exe then go open folder.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	467928Click image for larger version

Name:	second error that comes up when i right click on userinit exe then go open folder.JPG
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	467929

Then up comes my task bar and icons appear and the comp begins to run normally.

I have to do that every time i start up how can i fix this.

Also my Norton doesn't auto protect and comes up with an error.

Click image for larger version

Name:	first error that comes up when i try enable auto protect in norton.JPG
Size:	153.5 KB
ID:	467930 Click image for larger version

Name:	second error that comes up when i try enable auto protect in norton.JPG
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	467931

Please help Thank you
    Last edited by GreGY; 28th May 2008, 09:51. Reason: forgot to put something in

Re: userinit.exe is playing up

You do realise that all of the Bla Bla stuff could have relevance. Also writing
    and clicking open folder then some other error comes up saying something about a system 32 path or something
    doesn't help at all. Can you write down the exact error messages please?

Have you used ?
    I found this which has a link to an MS KB Article
    http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-362796.php (sorry not relevant having read it now)
    This too:
    http://www.experts-exchange.com/Soft..._23075221.html

Did you change anything recently, run updates, what AV etc? background would be helpful too.
    Last edited by AndyJG247; 27th May 2008, 12:50.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
      You do realise that all of the Bla Bla stuff could have relevance. Can you write down the exact error messages please?

Have you used ?

Did you change anything recently, run updates, what AV etc? background would be helpful too.
      sorry changed the bla bla and included the full messages

yes iv used Google but cant find much stuff, ill check the out links u gave me.

and no i haven't really changed much no updates my background is just a jpg of a car .... and AV??? wats that sorry im a bit noob with some stuff

Comment

Sorry "background" as in what has happened recently. Did the machine just start doing this or did it crash whilst doing something and then, on a restart, come up with these messages. AV is AntiVirus, i.e. what software are you running (is it up to date etc).

Thanks for updating the info in the original post.

I can't get the pictures for some reason but I my first guess is you have a malware infection. Can you download HijackThis from TrendMicro
        http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/
        and see if you can post the log as code?
        cheers
        Andy

Comment

I'm using Norton Anti virus i iv updated it to latest but its also playing up at the moment and wont auto protect and gives me a error message i put all the errors in my original post.

as for my log i cant run notepad now because of ANOTHER ERROR soooo how can i show u the log??
          Attached Files

Comment

Trend have an online Virus Scanner I would start off by trying to run that. It may also work in safe mode if you can boot into that with networking.
            cheers
            Andy

Comment

I HAVE THE LOG yay

Code:
              Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
              Scan saved at 8:20:18 PM, on 5/28/2008
              Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
              MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
              Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VS7DEBUG\MDM.EXE
              C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
              C:\Program Files\WhatsRunning\WhatsRunning.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.exe
              C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe
              C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\Rundll32.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\RunDll32.exe
              C:\DOCUME~1\GreGY\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlogan.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
              C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe
              C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\service.exe
              C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
              C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
              C:\DOCUME~1\GreGY\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
              C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem\wmiprvse.exe
              C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh.exe

O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
              O3 - Toolbar: StylerToolBar - {D2F8F919-690B-4EA2-9FA7-A203D1E04F75} - C:\Program Files\Styler\TB\StylerTB.dll
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_04\bin\jusched.exe"
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BM3b0f3dac] Rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\tcotrgpy.dll",s
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [383c0e30] rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\system32\prxokugc.dll",b
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Cmaudio] RunDll32 cmicnfg.cpl,CMICtrlWnd
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ODBCJET] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ODBCJET.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [service.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\service.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [jdgf894jrghoiiskd] C:\DOCUME~1\GreGY\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlogan.exe
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATICCC] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\cli.exe" runtime -Delay
              O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe"  -osboot
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Jnskdfmf9eldfd] C:\DOCUME~1\GreGY\LOCALS~1\Temp\csrssc.exe
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [jdgf894jrghoiiskd] C:\DOCUME~1\GreGY\LOCALS~1\Temp\winlogan.exe
              O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
              O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
              O7 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System, DisableRegedit=1
              O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
              O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\OFFICE11\REFIEBAR.DLL
              O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
              O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\windows\system32\nwprovau.dll
              O20 - AppInit_DLLs: C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00A9471.dat
              O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: jhsf8d984jief8dsfus98jkefn - {C5AF49A2-94F3-42BD-F434-2604812C897D} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\jfiehayd.dll
              O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
              O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
              O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
              O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
              O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
              O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
              O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
              O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
              O23 - Service: Norton Unerase Protection (NProtectService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
              O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
              O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
              O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
              O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
              O23 - Service: SymWMI Service (symwsc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe

--
              End of file - 6394 bytes
              Last edited by GreGY; 28th May 2008, 11:50.

Comment

i also have another error that happens after i open the folder for userinit.exe
                Attached Files

Comment

http://www.superantispyware.com/definition/winlogan/
                  You are showing this one for example.

Can you run the online scanner from Trend ?

This too:
                  http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/default.aspx

To be perfectly honest any machine I get that has infections I wipe as you can never be sure it is clean. If you can copy your data onto a USB hdd and reload then scan the hdd with a clean machine's AV software all the better. If not then cleaning it will be a pain.

There are loads of tools that it would be good to use but if you can't run them it makes life harder. Personally speaking you may find it better to ask in specific forums for AV/Malware infections as they will have a much better idea of what to do. No offence to anyone on here that may be an expert in it

Some recommendations off the top of my head would be:
                  http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35407
                  http://www.misec.net/forum/board/FAQ/1170863449
                  Spybot
                  Adware
                  Trend Online Scan
                  McAfee Stinger
                  http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner
                  http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/d...d=ie&venid=sym
                  cheers
                  Andy

Comment

Going by your Hijack This log i would say you have a virus or 2 on your system.

IMO get your important data off then get the system formatted and re-install Vista. Once installed get a copy of AVG antivirus and Zonelabs firewall.

Get these installed prior to installing anything else.

Comment

Thanks for all the help! guyz really appreciated im just gona have to format my comp

Comment

Working...
                      X