Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drive opening error

Hi ,

We are using win xp service pack 2 installed. Now when i am opening my c:\ or d:\ its asking me to open the drive with open with question , i need to select internet explorer over here but the check box select this program to open everytime dialogbox is diable so every time its asking me this dialog .. can anyone tell me how to solve this ...

Thanks

Kathy

Re: drive opening error

Kathy:

We'll need some screen shots / clarification as your original request is not very clear.
    Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Please go through this link. I will help you out.
      http://windowsxp.mvps.org/searchwindow.htm

Comment

Hi ,

i have done the settings as per the given link , but its not working ..here i am sending you a screen shot ..can anyone please help me to solve this ...

Kathy
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you able to open the drives by right clickin on them and selecting open????
          If yes un-hide all the files and see if any -un-wanted file is there..if yes delete them and see it works..
          Last edited by ravi.tejpal; 28th May 2008, 13:20.

Comment

Hi Ravi ,

Have done that as per your guidance but still not working ...also the airscex gives chinese site ...can any one instruct it in english...

kathy

Comment

make sure that to remove autorun.inf file in C: D: .... this file maybe hidden and super hidden

check registry
              HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell right panel default value must be none not any
              shell commands below

Comment

Originally posted by Gökşen View Post
                make sure that to remove autorun.inf file in C: D: .... this file maybe hidden and super hidden

check registry
                HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell right panel default value must be none not any
                shell commands below
                Fantastic idea to solve a strange problem.
                Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

© 2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
                X