IE Proxy Failover

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IE Proxy Failover

I have a question...concerning Internet Explorer proxy settings. In our network, we have 3 internet access points in 3 different cities. The issue we are addressing right now is, we have the IE proxy setting pointing to a local ISA server. There are 3 ISA servers, one at each of the 3 internet location sites. What we wanted to do is setup the Proxy addresses so, if the internet went down in one of the 3 internet access locations, Internet Explorer would then try the next office that has internet access point.
    For example, in Office 1, we have internet access locally. Office 2 has an internet connection, and Office 3 has an internet connection. For all the users which are set to point to Office 1 proxy, how can I setup the LAN SETTINGS configuration in Internet Explorer, so if Office 1 internet connection drops, it will automatically look for Office 2 proxy and connect to the internet through that proxy, without having to manually change the LAN SETTINGS proxy server settings.
    Can this be done so the end users do not have to go there and change any settings?
    Thanks for any help. We want to automate this easily so no end user has to change anything.

Re: IE Proxy Failover

correct me if I'm wrong, but if the internet goes down, how will the user be routed to another branch?
    ________
    Herbal Vaporizers
    Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:49.
    Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

DYansy

I left out a part. We have a secondary FRAME network as a backup. Our MPLS is our main infrastructure and we have a frame backup. What we are looking to do is, if say in Office 1, the MPLS has an outage. The FRAME will connect them to Office 2. Office 2 has an internet connection (ISA Server). Right now, there are proxy settings configured in IE (Lan Settings), pointing to the local ISA Proxy server (Office 1 has an ISA Proxy server). What we are looking for is, say, if in Office 1, the MPLS/Internet goes down, and the FRAME backup takes over and connects Office 1 to Office 2. What we want to figure out is how to get people in Office 1 to allow IE to go to the proxy ISA server in Office 2 proxy server (the internet connection there) without manually changing each users LAN SETTINGS configuration in IE?

Is there a way to setup multiple proxy server addresses in the IE (Lan Settings box)?

I hope this clarified it more.. Thanks

Comment

http://www.davidpashley.com/articles...tic-proxy.html
        http://nscsysop.hypermart.net/proxypac.html
        and of course:
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxy_auto-config

also look for WPAD specifics
        ________
        How to roll joints
        Last edited by DYasny; 6th March 2011, 18:49.
        Real stupidity always beats Artificial Intelligence (c) Terry Pratchett

BA (BM), RHCE, MCSE, DCSE, Linux+, Network+

Comment

Working...
        X