No announcement yet.

System Mechanic 5 won't let me log in to Win 98se

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System Mechanic 5 won't let me log in to Win 98se

Hello MCSE folks,

I installed System Mechanic 5 on my Win 98se computer (like I've done on some of the other network computers). Now it won't allow me to login.

I installed Syst Mech 5, checked the "create backup/undo file", then downloaded the Sys Mech program updates and spyware updates. I then rebooted the machine and as it was booting it said that the registry was corrupted and that windows had restored the registry with a good copy. It then continued to load up until the password part. It will not accept anyones password including the admins. Everything is typed correctly including the domain name. I booted into safe mode to do an uninstall but I get a Sys Mech window that says that Sys Mech can't be run in 16 color mode.

I called Sys Mech 5 tech support and they said I much have deleted something in the file or registry cleaners (I hadn't even used the program yet). Their tech support sent me an email with how to recover a lost password from windows XP (they know I have 98se ).

Thanks a whole bunch, I didn't know where to go after that letdown until a friend told me about you folks.

Actually you must understand what was happend.

When is system registry in windows 98 corrupted, system will automatically use the restore process.
    This mustīnt have to be a System mechanic problem !
    It may be an error at writing in system registry, or unproper installation may cause this situation.
    The only thing, that I could say. After each installation use system registry backup. But not in system mechanic ! Restart PC in MS-DOS and run scanreg. Make registry backup and then install in windows new aplications.
    And when this error happend, go in MS-DOS and use scanreg to restore correct redistry.

Problem with domain login was happend by restoring backup registry, which does not have domain network settings.
    Look in Network settings - TCP/IP - IP address, submask, gateway, and DNS server. In network properties set domain name, then restart and log in !
    When problem with loging still persist, the only thing you can do:
    REINSTALL WIN98 ![/b]