Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image doesn't work

Dear techs

I have to create an SOE of Dell D531 laptop for clients. operating System Windows XP. They have different applications as well.
    Currently we are having other images that works (Dell Latitude D620/D630 Dell Latitude D420/D430).
    We are using SMS2003 server to deploy new images.
    I tried to Image D531 using these images. I am able to image the computer but it doesn't bootup. Initially i thought might be hal.dll is the issue.
    I replaced hal.dll of the newly image computer with hal.dll of working D531 laptop. Still it doesn't bootup. It bootsup to the point where it shows windows icon and suddenly for fraction of second it shows blue screen and then restart. I tried to repair it using windows xp disk but no success. Please suggest what can be the issue and what can be done to resolve it.
    One more thing i would like to mention D531 is using AMD processor while others Intel. Is that can be issue?

On the other hand, i tried to image D531 using RIS with other model Pcs and it works fine. The issue is that i cannot use this images as it belongs to some other company.

Please Reply. Its very urgent..

Thanks in advance

Re: Image doesn't work

Can u give us the blue screen code...
    please mention the complete code along with the four numerals in the parenthesis..
    Once the code is there its easy to tell wots going on

Thanks

Regards

Fazal
    Fazal Zaidi
    MCITP-Windows 2008,Exchange 2010,MCTS-Exchange 2007,2010,Lync 2010,MCSE-2000,2003,MCSA-2003,2008,2012,MCP,MCSE -Messaging 2013,ITIL

Comment

Originally posted by veday001 View Post
      Dear techs

I have to create an SOE of Dell D531 laptop for clients. operating System Windows XP. They have different applications as well.
      Currently we are having other images that works (Dell Latitude D620/D630 Dell Latitude D420/D430).
      We are using SMS2003 server to deploy new images.
      I tried to Image D531 using these images. I am able to image the computer but it doesn't bootup. Initially i thought might be hal.dll is the issue.
      I replaced hal.dll of the newly image computer with hal.dll of working D531 laptop. Still it doesn't bootup. It bootsup to the point where it shows windows icon and suddenly for fraction of second it shows blue screen and then restart. I tried to repair it using windows xp disk but no success. Please suggest what can be the issue and what can be done to resolve it.
      One more thing i would like to mention D531 is using AMD processor while others Intel. Is that can be issue?

On the other hand, i tried to image D531 using RIS with other model Pcs and it works fine. The issue is that i cannot use this images as it belongs to some other company.

Please Reply. Its very urgent..

Thanks in advance

How are your machines imaged???

Comment

Hi

We r not able to take screenshot of blue screen as it appears just for 100th of micro second.

My machines will be imaged through SMS 2003 server. Currently we are having wim images of different model and when we tried to image new PCs (Optiplex 740, D531) using existing wim images, we are getting blue screen error. But when we try to image using RIS , it works.

Please suggest

Thanks
        Anish

Comment

For what it is worth, I have had similar issues on the newer IBM laptops. There is an option in the BIOS that tells the computer to use the SATA setting or the Compatibility setting for the Hard Drive. I had to place the setting to Compatibility mode in order for my image to work. Like you I Re-imaged, adn tested other things and finally tried that. And holy cow it works!! I hope you have the same setting on your Dell.

Brent

Comment

Hi...We replaced hard disk , memory of the pc but no success and finally we changed motherboard. it worked. Probably issue was with motherboard. Luckily it was under warranty... thanks anyway..

Comment

Working...
            X