XP SP3 issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP SP3 issues

just to report that my own(intel) pc's and all 40+ xp/hp/amd(mix) clients updated to sp3 without a glitch

all in a 2003 domain, (r2 sp1 64bit)
    updated using wsus 3
    not 1 person even noticed and they normally all complain if it takes them 20secs longer to log in (normally cause they saved 300meg on their roaming desktops, or the book on their desk is pressing a key...)

Even symantec end point hasnt complained(for a change!)
    so dont know what the news reports are about...

If anyones had issues please post so we can all share the knowledge and workarounds

Re: XP SP3 issues

I would have opted for a title like "XP SP3 (lack of) issues". The title as it shows now looks like you have something to complain about...
    Anyway, SP3 contains all updates since SP2 plus four new features (check the Overview). So, I don't see why are you worried.
    So far, only few issues were found related to SP3:
    - on HP computers with AMD CPUs it causes endless reboots;
    - some minor issues with MS RMS users.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Comment

i'm not worried, as i said all my pc's updated fine(and most are amd's and hp's), but i do know microsoft and i know their methods of testing and roll-outs.
      its better to be informed and to put info. into the public domain, that way we can all solve it for them.(before people start all os's have their teething time)

From your post, i gather no issues so far. sounds like the news agencies tried to make a storm out of nothing.

lol try to configure 2008 core from the technet page userd passwordd firewall...nice, make a non-gui interface then put typos in the documentation! but hey its correct on dp's site(as usual) so job done

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
        I would have opted for a title like "XP SP3 (lack of) issues". The title as it shows now looks like you have something to complain about...
        Anyway, SP3 contains all updates since SP2 plus four new features (check the Overview). So, I don't see why are you worried.
        So far, only few issues were found related to SP3:
        - on HP computers with AMD CPUs it causes endless reboots;
        - some minor issues with MS RMS users.
        Anecdotal evidence shows that the "Endless Reboots" are occurring on clean-built Retail XP machines with Intel processors too... I think Microsoft haven't uncovered all the issues with this one yet.

Tom
        For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Originally posted by SML View Post
          configure 2008 core
          There can be only one (tool ) : http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=23010 .

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X