copy and paste retrieval

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copy and paste retrieval

Trying to find out if there is a way to retieve an Excel file that was copy and pasted while choosing "select all"? File now was created in January and the one I need was pasted over, ws created this month.

Is there a cache folder or am I out of luck?

Thanks for the replies.

Re: copy and paste retrieval

you could maybe use system restore if it is XP, your network admin may have setup shadow copy if you are on a windows network too.
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

System Restore won't help, I'm afraid, in this case. It does not deals with documents of any kind.
      Your options depend very much on where is the file located. As AndyJG247 stated, if it is on a network location that does has Volume Shadow Copy enabled, it might be easy.
      If the file is in a folder that is backed up, or was sent by e-mail in an occasion, then try to restore it from there.
      If the file is placed locally, then maybe a File Restore/Undelete application will be able to find the previous version.
      I hope I understood right your problem, because your description is a bit ambiguous ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Sorin:

That was my take-away too.

Doing a paste of a file on top of an existing file doesn't even throw the old version in the recycle bin.

Another case where lack of backups bites you I'm afraid -- unless this was on a network drive and under a normal backup schedule or the PC owner had the where-with-all to back up the machine.

"Backup early and backup often" -- based on the "Vote early and vote often" quote attributed to Al Capone.
        Cheers,

Rick

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

2006-2099 R Valstar. This post is offered "as is" for discussion purposes only with no express or implied warranty of any kind including, but not limited to, correctness or fitness for use. Nothing herein shall be construed as advice. Attempting any activity based on information in this post is done at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by rvalstar View Post
          Doing a paste of a file on top of an existing file doesn't even throw the old version in the recycle bin.
          True and sad
          I was hoping for the temporary file ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Working...
          X