Can not find admin acct. under user accts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not find admin acct. under user accts

Instead of creating a user account with limited access, I edited only account available(was administrator account) to have limited access. Now I can't find my administrator account on user accounts, only the one with limited access. How can i fix this?
    Last edited by mickie; 29th April 2008, 16:54. Reason: needed more explanation.

Re: Can not find admin acct. under user accts

That doesn't make sense? Even if you edit an account it is still the same account so the restricted account is the admin account.

How did you restrict it?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Anyone have any ideas..? I made myself an administrator account then I edited the ASPNET to be a limited user account..I know I did it just backwards..so now the only account listed on the login page is the "User" account...and I am unable to find the Admin. acct I made for myself or to make any changes under the limited user acct. This is NOT on the same OS as the lost sound driver, but both are Windows XP, one is Home Edition the other is Pro.

Confused in TX
      Mickie

Comment

You have contradicted yourself, could you confirm either

I made myself an administrator account

or

I edited only account available(was administrator account)

When you say "user accounts" in the first post do you mean you are checkign in the control panel or do you mean the login page for Windows XP when you first boot from the second post?
        Try ctrl/alt/del twice when you get to the login prompt next time, this should show you the administrator account.
        I think Home is different to Pro as well regarding this.
        cheers
        Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

This is step by step what happened:

When I got the computer it had one account which was the Administrator Account named "Dell User."

I wanted to have an account with limited access for my Grandson, so I chose to edit the existing Administrator account, Dell User to have limited access.

Now, when I start my computer, the log on Window only shows Dell User, which is the Limited access account.

So now I can't do a System Restore, Download anything, etc...

I know now that I should have initially created a new user account with limited access, instead of modifying the Dell User account to have limited access.

Comment

Are you seeing the "Welcome" screen? If so, press CTRL + ALT together, and hold them. Press "Delete" twice. You should get the standard Windows login screen. In the User Name, type "Administrator". Press "Enter". You should get in...

Tom
            For my own and your protection, I do not provide support by private message under any circumstances. All such messages will be deleted and ignored.

Anything you say will be misquoted and used against you

Comment

Working...
            X