No announcement yet.

Cannot pull up profile

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot pull up profile

I recently scanned a computer with spybot and fixed the issues that were caught by spybot. Now a user cannot log in, computer is saying that the profile is missing or not found. Would a system restore fix this?

Any idea?

Re: Cannot pull up profile

System restore would fix it most likely. Tried logging in with a different user login?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Please note that if you had some malware on your computer, restoring to a previous state after the clean-up will probably restore the malware also...
      This is the reason most (just to be politically correct and not say "ALL") malware removal instructions start with "Disable System Restore" ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Ahhh Gotcha, yeah that makes sense. Turns out a buddy at the office got it working. He is not even sure what he did if anything.

To answer Wired's question, I did login with my username after the spybot scan, it was just that profile that had a problem.

Thanks guys!