Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• changing xp code from pro to home

Hi
    On my PC there are 2 xp pro corp instalations without authentication (+Obuntu)
    I also have an Uninstalled xp home box whith its code
    I have bought a Vista UPGRADE dvd
    Is it possible to install the Vista instead of one of the xp's, using the home code for the xp authonticatin?
    ( what I mean is, not removing the pro instalation, iinstalling the home and only than installing vista)
    I hope I explained myself OK
    Thnks

Re: changing xp code from pro to home

Pro won't take Home code and vice versa. Also, OEM CDs won't take retail keys, and vice versa.

When all is said and done, what operating systems do you want the computer to have?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I dont care about the os
      all I want is to have an authonticated system, so that I be able to install Vista (upgrad)
      Thnks

Comment

Then format and pop in the Vista Upgrade CD. If it's like the XP Upgrade CD, then it should ask you for the CD and/or Key of a full XP install CD.
        ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

If Iformat the disk I'll lose every thing installed on it-I would like to save my prevoius matirial if possible

Comment

Backup the data, and format the computer.

Comment

Working...
            X