Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

XP Home under SP2 how to change the Key ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP Home under SP2 how to change the Key ?

Hi guys,

First this IS NOT in order to hack or use illegal serial Key for win XP, I wnat to make sure that you understand that I am not willing to do such things.

My problem is as follow, I am a small PC reseller, very small, selling withe box PC and laptop from Taiwan, I am just starting this business, and I am coming to the following problem:

Everythime that I resell a PC, I am including a XP Home OEM license, with serial and everything bought at a US Base Wholesaler. I made a first clean install of the PC, and of course put a XP Serial number, I made an image of this PC under Ghost 2003 (DOS) and everytime that I want to reinstall a PC I jsut have to put back my ghost image and change the Serial of XP with this trick

http://www.petri.com/change_the_seri...windows_xp.htm

But this was ONLY WORKING unfer SP1.

Now we are under SP2 and this do not work... so what should I do?

My Wholeseller gave me OPK tool, it seems that it is the ultimate solution, but I must admit that I didn't really had the time to figure out how to use it, so if you can give me a clue how to be able to change the serial under Sp2 it would be wonderful, what I want to mean is to go to the Activation process again, like this there are no confusions only VALIDE serial are allowed

Thank you for your understanding and help and once again this is not in order to install any PIRATE WIN XP SERIAL.

Cheers

Not an answer to the question you asked, but may be an alternative answer. http://www.microsoft.com/oem/default.mspx
    This site has instructions and tools to allow you to setup an OEM System Build of the operating system. Drivers and utilities (Adobe Reader, Quichtime, Powerarchiver etc) can be installed and configured and all that is required is for the end user (or yourself) to input the user's details and Product Key.
    1 1 was a racehorse.
    2 2 was 1 2.
    1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
    2 2 1 1 2

Comment

thanks I will have a look, I tried today to play with the OKP... well need to look at it more seriously

Comment

I haven't looked it for XP but I used it for Win98 and it was very good (well I thought so). Made life real easy once it was all set up. The intructions were quite easy to follow as well.
        1 1 was a racehorse.
        2 2 was 1 2.
        1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
        2 2 1 1 2

Comment

OK thanks, I have printed the 250 pages of the doc which were on the CD, Will read it, and... if I get lost I will let you know

Cheers

(From Tokyo JAPAN )

Comment

Format in ACER Aspire 1350

I have a very common problem with our friend.

I have an ACER 1350 notebook. When you want to format the ACER you must have a FAT32 partition and it restores every stuff the ACER wants. But I don't want to set up every stuff ACER puts on my computer (Power DVD, Ease CD Creator, etc), but install my progrmams, and also have an NTFS format.

So I decided to slipstream a pirate xp home and make the installation. Then I wanted to enter the original cd key and have an original software on my computer. But this is impossible. I couldn't write the serial.... Then I wrote the pirate serial and I haven't activated yet.

Comment

Re: XP Home under SP2 how to change the Key ?

Perhaps this genuine Microsoft link will help 9090? I hope so.
              Best wishes,
              PaulH.
              MCP:Server 2003; MCITP:Server 2008; MCTS: SBS2008

Comment

I changed the serial with the program you gave me but when I try to make the validation it says that i have enterred an incorrect cd key.

Comment

Cacofonix-3, you have mentioned the word PIRATE, in relation to software, twice in your post. This is NOT good. I understand what you are trying to do, but we can in NO WAY support anyone who uses a pirated copy of a Microsoft product.

Posting Rule
                  8 ) No illegal stuff, no software sharing, cracking, hacking or other illegal activities

Questions or answers with such items will be deleted by the moderator, and cause your account to be banned for life.

Just to make myself clear: Asking a question about a serial number for any program is illegal. Giving such a serial is illegal. Asking about Windows Activation and how to change a CD-key for XP is ok, but asking how to bypass the activation process or the Windows Genuine Check is not legal.

No, braindumps are NOT legal. You might get away with just talking about them, but you will be deleted if you post questions from actual dumps or provide links to such dumps or to companies that offer dumps for money.
                  You have admitted to having AND using a pirate copy of XP Home with a pirate Product Key.

Contact Acer. That is the last piece of advice from here.

Life ban imposed.

9090, if you are still subscribed to your thread, I hope you are doing well.
                  Last edited by biggles77; 1st April 2007, 08:06.
                  1 1 was a racehorse.
                  2 2 was 1 2.
                  1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
                  2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
                  X