No announcement yet.

Switch between admin user problem

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch between admin user problem

i Have windows XP installed in my PC. and have created two accounts admin and user and both have password. when i log into user and go to C: document and settings and click at admin documents it says acess denied how can i overcome this. is there a way out and also when i click start logout it does not show the option of switch user.

kindly guide on this

Re: Switch between admin user problem

Is "user" an administrator of the computer?

Does the logon screen have a place to type in the username and password, or does it only show an icon with the "user" account, and you click on "user" and then the password area appears?
    ** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Re: Switch between admin user problem

It sounds like you are not in an Active Directory environment. What version of XP are you using?
      The things you describe occur when one alters the settings (or "behavior") of the computer accounts on the computer, through Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
      To enable the Fast User Switching option, go to Change the way users log on or off and see that the two checkboxes are checked (see the logon screenshot).
      The reason you get Access Denied is that when one defined the share on the specific folder, the Make this folder private was checked (see the private screenshot). If you need this changed, uncheck the checkbox.
      Good luck.
      Attached Files

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.