No announcement yet.

USB Mass Storage Device....'Device can not start code(10)'

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Mass Storage Device....'Device can not start code(10)'

I have a Sony Vaio,80 gig/7200,P4 2.66g with awardBios. I'm running winXP Home sp2. I am trying to add a Western Digital 80 gig(WD800bb) hdd from my other computer. I tried to do an internal install and no matter how I set the jumpers or in what order I put them on the IDE wouldn't work. I then bought an electronic enclosure by Bytecc(ME-320) series which was supposed to take the guess work out of it and still no luck. The WD hdd also has winXP Home sp2 loaded on it. I did everything as per the limited instructions that came with the device. XP detected the usb device and installed the 'Mass Storage USB driver' from it's driver folder. The Drive spins but the red l.e.d(error) light comes on. When I check the device status in device manager The mass storage driver has the yellow caution icon on it. I right clicked and checked the properties on it,it said There is a 'Device can not start code(10)' error on it. If you could please offer ANY advice to help me correct this problem,I would GREATLY appreciate it!