No announcement yet.

Folder Icons

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Icons

I wonder if there is a way of changing the Icon for any folder so that it shows if the folder is empty, such as used for the Recycle Bin.

I have set up a number of folders named for my friends who regularly send me material for a web site, but I cannot of course remember what and who has sent items when it comes to uploading. So it would be lot easier if I could see if a folder was empty or not without having to open each one.

Re: Folder Icons

Unlike the Special Folders (Desktop, Favorites, Recycle Bin, and so on), that have also special icons, the "ordinary" folders have all the same icon, set somewhere in the Registry (I don't recall at the moment where exactly).
    So changing one will change them all. There are applications that allow you to do that, do a search in with the search string: "change icon folder". You'll get a lot of results, among them applications (like Folder Marker - not free, but looks nice) and different methods (like this and this).
    Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Re: Folder Icons

Thanks I will have a look