Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign image on new server

Hello folks,

Searched the forum, but didn't found something on my issue..
    I have something like 20 servers for qa issues. And in addition about 100 images (XPs, 2003s). Yesterday I received new servers - the SR1530HSH ones.
    After installing one of the old images on the new server - the system didn't recognized the Ethernet controller, which means that now I need to create 100 images only because this Ethernet trouble, or alternatively to install the driver each time I'm installing image (what I'm doing about 5 times for a day).
    The question is there's a solution for this case??

Thank you in advance,
    Alex

Re: Foreign image on new server

I mean is somehow I'll can install (automatically) the Ethernet driver after putting old image on new server?

Comment

How are your images created???

Comment

How?.. you mean with which soft?

with Norton Ghost

Comment

There's supposed to be on the original Norton Ghost CD a small tool called Ghost Explorer. It allows you to open the image and edit it. You can try to insert the drivers into a folder and take it from there when is needed.
          It is a long time since I last played with it, so cannot tell you if you can actually insert the driver into the image (meaning, edit the registry and everything).

Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
          -

Comment

Thanx for the idea.
            I'll try it

Comment

Cool.
              Don't forget to update the forum with the outcome, please.
              Good luck.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
              -

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
                There's supposed to be on the original Norton Ghost CD a small tool called Ghost Explorer. It allows you to open the image and edit it. You can try to insert the drivers into a folder and take it from there when is needed.
                It is a long time since I last played with it, so cannot tell you if you can actually insert the driver into the image (meaning, edit the registry and everything).

Good luck.
                You got there before me.

There is indeed Ghost Explorer which allows you to edit the image and insert drivers.

Have you sysprepped the images???

I think you can also put the drivers, .sys files, into the system32\drivers folder. This i could be wrong on though as i've never tried it.
                Last edited by wullieb1; 14th March 2008, 05:32.

Comment

Working...
                X