Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP shares

hi

i have one computer on a Domain he is at the network , file and print sharing is installed , sharing and security tab have full control to everyone at one of the folders
    but from another computer i cannto reach , it shout - "the network path was not found "

he respond to PING (by name and by IP)
    from this computer i can get to another shares

what can be the problem ??

Re: XP shares

Hello,

Originally posted by Tzvika View Post
    i have one computer on a Domain he is at the network , file and print sharing is installed , sharing and security tab have full control to everyone at one of the folders
    Might I ask if this computer is hosting other shares? If so are they accessable?
    Are other users able to access this new share?

Would you also mind running gpedit.msc on the computer hosting the share. Select Computer Configuration ->Windows Settings ->Local Policies ->User Rights Assignments and look at the Access this Computer from the Network and Deny Access this Computer from the Network options. Does this look to be configured to allow the other user access?
    I don't know anything about (you or your) computers.
    Research/test for yourself when listening to free advice.

Comment

Just to add to Maebe's two very important questions:
      is the firewall enabled on this computer? (the one that holds the unaccessible share) If it is, make sure the File and Printer Sharing line in the Exceptions tab it's checked.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

Hi

there is no FW and only from the local compueter i can get to the shares
        i cannot get to any shares on this computer from another one on the network

what else ??

Comment

thanks

its working now , i moved the fileand print sharing and reactivate it

Comment

I am glad you solved the problem.
            And thank you for updating the forum.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

Working...
            X