Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some text appears "semi-bold" (was Weird Text Formatting)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some text appears "semi-bold" (was Weird Text Formatting)

I am not sure if this belongs here, so please feel free to move it if necessary.

I am having a problem with the text of several programs showing up as a "brightened" text. It is almost as if it is halfway bolded, but their are no bolded options checked.

For example, when I read an email in Outlook, the text of the message appears to be "brightened". However, when I respond to it and keep the original message, the brightness disappears, returns to a normal text, and I can reply with normal text.

Another example, is the text of webpages appears to be brightened.

Does anyone know what is going on and more importantly, does anyone know how to "turn this off". Thanks!

Re: Weird Text Formatting

You haven't said what OS you are running, so I'm assuming Windows XP and moving it to the appropriate forum. If you're running Vista, please tell us and it will be (re) moved.

It sounds almost like TrueType is occasionally on (as this makes some fonts appear bolder)

Can you post a couple of screenshots showing the different effects?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Re: Some text appears "semi-bold" (was Weird Text Formatting)

Yes, i am using Window XP Professional with Service Pack 2. I am sorry to sound ignorant, but how would I post a screen picture for comparison? I would be happy to do that. Thanks!

Comment

Re: Some text appears "semi-bold" (was Weird Text Formatting)

On your PC, use ALT+PRINTSCREEN, paste into Paint and save a small area as a JPEG or GIF file

On the board, use the paperclip button when making a post to attach it (as in this example)
        Attached Files
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X